Hi, I'm a contract software developer based in Exeter
I've worked in the web and software industry for over 18 years, turning business requirements into user-friendly solutions with solid technical underpinnings.
I graduated with a First-Class Honours degree in Digital Art & Technology from University of Plymouth in 2006. Since then I've worked on hundreds of projects from Single Page Applications to data processing pipelines for clients varying in size from start-ups to public institutions to large multi-national corporations.
- Frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel, and Express
- Strong database (MySQL) skills & optimisation
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Firestore)
- Integration of third-party services/APIs (CRMs, accounting suites, etc)
- Frameworks (React, Vue, Angular)
- Unit testing (Jasmine, Karma, etc)
- CSS3 using LESS and SASS
- UI design
- Requirements Analysis & Project Management
- Working alongside existing teams
- Git (branched workflow using Github & Bitbucket)
- Linux administration
- Build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Grunt)